If you are NOT like the person mentioned above and you want to come hang out with someone who isn’t a Supermom either, then you’ve come to the right place.
Thursday, January 12, 2017
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
- Sleeping while standing up. Yes you can sleep while standing up like horses and cows do. But beware. Just like cows, you are a candidate for someone to come up and "tip" you. RE: tipping cows. Who would be that mean? An older child, shaking you while yelling, “Mom! Mom!” that’s who.
- Sleeping while holding a bottle under warm running water. Of course this is done while standing up. Not very ecological to let the water run, but you are too tired to care.
- Sleepwalking through the living room without stepping on any toy. You do this to keep from jabbing things into your feet, cussing loudly and waking everyone up including the baby you just got to sleep. You are proud of yourself and this new found skill that will ultimately fail you around the time leggos can safely appear on the scene.
- Getting dressed through closed eyes. Now this is big.
Getting dressed BB (before baby) could be fun and required thought. Now if it
doesn't smell like soured milk and it doesn't have a brown stain on it
somewhere, it's clean and ready to wear.
New parents just don't care how they look anymore. They know the zombie look isn't a turn on to others of the opposite sex even if they had the energy to be interested and they just flat are too tired to care anymore.
- You can sleep quite well even at a fun game party where you friends yell when their team scores and you wake up with a jolt and yell, “I’m coming sweetie!”
- Sleep while standing at the coffee pot at work. It’s a great time to steal a few minutes while you brew your second pot. Use the wall behind the pot to hold yourself up.
- The bathroom. Ahhh, the bathroom…the one glorious time you get to sit down.
- You can also fall asleep at a school meeting. What’s really great about that is another mom will take a tissue and wipe the drool off your chin and prop you back up if you are in danger of sliding out of your chair. School meetings are a place to find kindred spirits. Use them.
- While in the shower you can't remember if you just shampooed
your hair or not. You look down at the bottle, you run your fingers through
your hair, but you just can't remember. Now you are aggravated. You say to
yourself, "Did I or didn't I? This is so stupid and I don't have time for
this!!!" So you shampoo again.
Now chances are you did the first time because we all do a routine in the shower and shampooing is usually one of the first things most people do, but you just flat can't remember. So you end up taking more time, use more water and run out of shampoo faster.
- While driving to work you think of the horror stories of people wearing two different colored socks to work or worse, two different shoes! So you risk an accident by looking down to confirm that you not only have the same two pair of shoes on, but that your socks match too. The car slows down fast when you take your foot off of the accelerator to look doesn't it?
- Someone at work or at the store points out to you that a bird crapped on your shoulder and it ran down your back. You look over your shoulder and pull up on your shirt to have a look. Then you smile, thank them and walk away. You know the truth. The baby projectile device got you again, but you are just too tired to care. Funny how you get used to the smell.
- You stare at papers with writing or figures on them at work or at home for heaven knows how long until someone walks up to jerk you out of your stupor only for you to say, "Huh?" You stare at the words on the paper wondering what it is you’re looking at, why you are looking at it and what the heck you were supposed to do with it.
- You forget how to spell the word, "the". You know
it's a simple word. You're sure you have spelled it before, but for some reason
it totally escapes you now and you are in awe of yourself and how stupid you
are at the moment.
You sit there, your brain reeling over the fact you can't remember it, wondering if maybe you are having a stroke, but you realize it's just lack of sleep.
It eventually comes to you in an “a hah” moment and you are amazed at forgetting it in the first place. I mean who forgets how to spell the word “the”?!
- Drive a car to a destination and no recollection of the drive. Now that's scary. You can't remember if you stopped for that red light or stop sign, etc. You do care about this one, but then again you are just grateful to have arrived so the caring thought is fleeting.
Would you like to receive info on children's health and even how to stay healthy as a new parent? We have some great energy products that are safe to take with no harsh stimulants.
If you would like to receive our Healthy You newsletter or would like info on some of our products, just fill out the "Contact Me" form up top and tell us how we can help you.
You can also visit out Health & Wellness website: ToBeHealthy.MyShaklee.com
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Today’s newer efficient homes come with a price. The air inside our homes can become almost toxic and with the cold weather comes dry air.
Once the cold weather is over and your furnace is not running much, be sure and vent your dryer back outside. Again, you do not want too much moisture to buildup in your home and cause mold. This procedure is only for when the air is very dry due to heating and you are looking to add a little moisture to the air.
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
Get the deal here: ToBeHealthy.MyShaklee.com
Don't know what to get? Contact us and we will be happy to help! 🙂
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Most of us experience stress every day. Daily stress and anxiety wreak havoc with our sense of well-being and the impact of prolonged stress can have severe consequences on our health.
In fact, the Centers for Disease Control estimates 75-90% of all visits to the doctor's office are stress related. One key to good health is to keep levels of stress in check.
Get started by:
*Try Shaklee’s Stress Relief Complex*, a botanical combination which includes a powerful stress reliever from green tea to help promote relaxation, alertness and concentration, and help relieve everyday stress in as little as 30 minutes.* This stuff works great. A Mom’s best friend during trying times.
2 - Get Enough Sleep
Emerging scientific evidence indicates that insufficient sleep can be harmful to our health.
Sleep Well and Re-energize - Maintain a regular bed and wake time schedule; establish a relaxing bedtime routine; and try not to eat a meal, drink alcohol or caffeinated beverages or exercise within a few hours of bedtime.
*To contend with occasional sleeplessness and to help you get a good night's rest, try Shaklee Gentle Sleep Complex* which uses natural botanicals to promote a calm and restful sleep.
3 - Eat Right
Good nutrition is essential to health and poor food choices contribute to health challenges including weight gain. Start by improving your diet by eating a variety of foods, choosing whole grains, beans and legumes and plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Don't forget to include some lean protein from fish, chicken, soy and nonfat dairy and select heart-healthy omega-3 fats from fish, avocado and nuts.
*It’s hard to eat right and who has time to cook a big meal every day? So to help fill in the gaps don’t forget your vitamins. Shaklee’s Vitalizer is a complete daily vitamin regimen in a convenient easy to take pack. Just toss them in your purse or pocket and off you go – with energy! Plus we guarantee you will feel better in 30 days or your money back!
No brainer here. We all know that exercise is a healthy habit and it's never too late to start. You don’t have to train for a marathon to feel good. Just a 30 minute workout can boost your mood and you can literally kick stress out of the way. Walking is a great activity for everyone, too. Start with a 10 or 15-minute walk, especially if you haven't been exercising regularly and build up from there. Lifting light weights 2-3 times a week is a must for strong bones and keeping muscle. Do your best to be active every day. Exercise helps lower stress, lose weight and increase strength, which helps our stress level too.
*Shaklee can help your exercise program with their weight loss program and sports nutrition products.
Lose the weight & keep the muscle with Shaklee 180
5 - Take a "Timeout" with Friends
A landmark UCLA study suggests that hanging out with friends can actually counteract the kind of stress most women experience on a daily basis. When women engage in this 'tending or befriending' with children and other women, studies suggest that the hormone oxytocin is released, which further counters stress and produces a calming effect.
We always knew that friends made us feel good and now there is actual evidence that they are good for our health!
So the next time you need a lift-me-up or simply want to relax, call up your closest group of girlfriends for a fun gathering.
Take care of yourself so you can continue to take care of those you love.
Visit our website: ToBeHealthy.MyShaklee.com